House of the Del Cott Family

The multi-storey building from the second half of the 18th century is one of the most beautiful houses in the town.

Hiša družine Del Cott
The multi-storey building from the second half of the 18th century is one of the most beautiful houses in the town. In 1771, Leonardo Del Cott (1751–1814) emigrated from Italy and opened a shop bearing his name.

The name is engraved on the stone portal next to the year 1782, while the iron window shutters with laurel garlands include the initials of merchant’s name, LDC, and the year 1790. There were storage rooms under the house used for the goods that also arrived by the Sava River running right below the houses in the west side of the town.

Cesta prvih borcev 23, 8250 Brežice

© 2022 discoverbrezice.com
web design: ETREND

×

BASKET

TO CHECKOUT
BACK TO SHOPPING